Sunday 5 August 2012

Anyone know what this is?

My mystery flower bloomed again, and Josh took some photos. I spent a long time trying to match it on the internet, and found nothing that helped me identify it. There are some cool online sites that have you check off a bunch of options of identifying features (colour of flower, arrangement and shape of leaves, number of petals) but I drew blanks. The flower looks a bit like a morning glory but it is on a stem not a vine, and the leaves are spear shaped, longer and thinner than morning glory leaves.

Ironically, on our recent vacation to Grand Manan Island in New Brunswick, we saw the most beautiful garden (see my next post) and the owner had a row of these flowers in her garden. I asked her what they were called, and she did not know.

If you recognize this flower, please let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment