Sunday 22 July 2012

The grass is always greener

Raspberries
Clematis









I promised Iulia that I would post some photos of her garden on my blog. The grass is actually greener on her side of the fence, it is not just an expression, because Ovidiu has a radically different vision of lawn than I do. He waters it, pulls out the weeds, reseeds the bare spots and while I just mow my dandelions and clover. In fact, I have not needed to mow my lawn all month, because it has been so hot and there is so little rain, and since I only water it minimally to prevent total death to the grass, I have not needed to mow. Ovidiu has been mowing. I suspect he uses fertilizer too. His lawn looks great. But that is not what this feature guest spot is about. I did a photo shoot of Iulia's garden and also of the front garden of her neighbour on the other side. These are the Joneses that I am trying to keep up with. At some point I will ask my Vietnamese neighbours across the street if I can do a feature on their garden too, but for now, here is Iulia's garden:



Basil and geraniums on the patio.
Staked tomatoes, no cages next door






Banana peppers

 












Our new walkway. My house is on the right, Iulia's on the left



The garden on the other neighbour's side.

Iulia's other neighbour



No comments:

Post a Comment