Wednesday 30 May 2012

Where are you? Who are you?



Hello my dear readers.

I just checked my stats since I started this blog around a year ago and discovered this. I have been read in the following countries:
Canada
382

United States
71

Russia
39

Germany
13

New Zealand
13

Thailand
9

United Arab Emirates
5

China
4

South Africa
4

Israel
3



The column on the right is how many page views there were from each country. 

I actually have friends and family in Germany, South Africa and Israel, so I know who they are. My brother traveled to New Zealand and Thailand, and I think he was stuck in an airport in China  en route so he may have flipped onto my blog a few times.  Thank you, I suppose, to my friends who are originally from Russia, for recommending my blog to your friends back home. Otherwise I have no idea who is reading my blog in Russia. United Arab Emirates?? I have seen photos from your country, does this mean you are internet slumming?? Honestly I am perplexed. Who are you?

Josh bursts my bubble by suggesting someone is using a proxy. Maybe my son, bored in grade ten English, has been evading the firewalls. Unlikely that he would choose my blog over tetris friends, especially now that he is fifth in the world. He was supposed to be studying.

I just thought I would share this weirdness with my readers. Today was a slow gardening day. I was given a new lavender plant and a sedum by Kate and Maya over the weekend, which I planted on a break from helping with homework, doing laundry and dishes. I also randomly popped some more basil sprouts into pots and stray corners of the garden, and found handfuls of tomato sprouts popping up from patches of compost. I think I am going to have a real jungle this summer. Maybe not Thailand style jungle, but busy for an urban garden.

We had another heavy downpour all day yesterday, and my drowned tomatoes in pots got another bath. My holes in the bottom did not work well. Even some of the pots that had good drainage got flooded. By this evening, things are looking okay again. I am not complaining, a bunch of my friends had their basements flooded. I just lost a few tomato sprouts, and my garden has compensated by popping up a few dozen more.


























No comments:

Post a Comment